Respiratory Effects of Covid-19
Updated: Mar 5
Covid-19 is a respiratory virus, but what does it really do to your lungs? Check out the infographic below to find out more about the respiratory effects of Covid-19!
1. Mayo Clinic. (2020). COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects. Nov. 17, 2020. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term effects/art-20490351#:~:text=COVID%2D19%20symptoms%20can%20sometimes,completely%20within%20a%20few%20weeks.
2. McCallum, K. (2020). What Does Coronavirus Do to the Lungs? July 20, 2020. https://www.houstonmethodist.org/blog/articles/2020/jul/what-does-coronavirus-do-to-the-lungs/#:~:text=Once%20in%20the%20chest%2C,deep%20pain%20while%20breathing.
3. CDC. (2020). Long-Term Effects of COVID-19. Nov 13, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html
4. O'Hara, J. Mayo Clinic. Rehabilitation after COVID-19. Oct 3, 2020. https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/rehabilitation-after-covid-19/
5. Zwaveling. S., Gerth van Wijk, R., Karim, F., (2020). Pulmonary edema in COVID-19: Explained by bradykinin?. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Dec 1, 2020. 146 (6). 1454-1455. https://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(20)31315-4/fulltext