- Amanda Onyeke, Ankith Arun, Frank Dolecki, Hafsa Syed, and Natalie Tjahjadi
Covid-19 School Transmission
Covid-19 has been unprecedented, especially regarding students. Younger students that have Covid-19 are more likely to have mild cases, which results in those students being undiagnosed and potentially transmitting the virus. For this reason, schools reopening should be carefully monitored to ensure that proper precautions are taken to reduce the spread of transmission in schools.
1. Davies, N., Klepac, P., Prem, K., Jit, M., & Eggo, R. (2020). Age-dependent effects in the transmission and control of COVID-19 epidemics. Nature Medicine, 1205-1211. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0962-9#Abs1
2. Ebrahim, S., Ahmed, Q., Gozzer, E., Schlagenhauf, P., & Memish, Z. (2020). Covid-19 and community mitigation strategies in a pandemic. The BMJ. https://covid-19.conacyt.mx/.../1000/4863/1/1107450.pdf
3. European Center for Disease Prevention and Control. (2020). Covid-19 in children and the role of school settings in COVID-19 transmission. ECDC. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/.../COVID-19-schools...
4. Herman, O. (2020). U.S. School Closures Tied to Decreased COVID-19 Incidence, Mortality. Journal Watch https://www.jwatch.org/.../us-school-closures-tied...
5. Vermund, S., & Pitzer, V. (2020). Asymptomatic transmission and the infection fatality risk for COVID-19: Implications for school reopening. Clinical Infectious Diseases. https://academic.oup.com/.../doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa855/5862668