- Aayushi Patel, Lekha Gummalla, & Simran Kayastha
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia, affecting more than 35 million people worldwide. It is also the fifth leading cause of death for people aged 65 and above and sixth for all adults. Additionally, there are no proper treatments or prevention for the disease yet. Check out this infographic to learn more!
1. Alzheimer's Disease. (2021). United Brain Association Retrieved from https://unitedbrainassociation.org/brain-resources/alzheimers-disease/?gclid=CjwKCAjw49qKBhAoEiwAHQVToyDzLh_lHsdwH1sUnG46MpQ0Ur6yvVq4GWGvGO60939xVcR-xPODgRoCRzkQAvD_BwE
2. Alzheimer's Disease. (2021). Mayo Clinic, Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20350447
3. Alzheimer's Disease. (2021). Mayo Clinic. Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350453
4. National Institute on Aging. (2021). National Institute of Health. Retrieved from https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/alzheimers-disease-fact-sheet